Gruv Gear Fump Bridge Dampener/Mute
Palm-muted bass tone. Minus the palm.
Free up your muting palm and discover a new path to the old school. The Fump is a simple muting device that slides over the strings against the bridge of your 4- or 5-string electric bass to instantly recreate that sweet staccato sound - without using your palm!
The Fump was born as a natural step following the wild success of our FretWraps, and from numerous requests from players like you. If you've ever stuffed foam under the strings to try to achieve that coveted "old school" muted or upright-like tone, then you might give the Fump a try! While we definitely encourage mastering proper palm muting, the Fump simply opens up possibilities to discover new techniques and gives your hands the freedom to "dig in."
A few things to note:
- Works best when string fingerboard setup has little to no radius
- Takes only a second to slide on or off, unlike the old cut foam solution
- Clips onto your strap or music stand when not in use
- Has no moving parts
- Can be inserted from top or bottom
- Requires only a 1" (2.5 cm) of space between pickup and bridge
- Replaceable muting materials
- Now go explore!