MODERN MUSICIAN SERVICE CENTRE
Here at Modern Musician we boast a service centre covering everything from simple restrings to complex wiring modifications and re-fretting, and everything in between.
BASIC RESTRING $44
Our basic restring service includes replacing existing strings with similar gauge new strings. Service does not include truss rod or any other adjustments.
Due to the nature of the beast, basic restring service is not offered for instruments with complex or double locking systems.
- Remove old strings,
- Oil fingerboard (if applicable)
- Install new strings
- Tune to pitch
FULL SETUP $77 - Double Locking Tremolo System: $110
Our setup work is fractions-of-a-millimeter perfect, and every setup includes a record of your vital measurements for future reference.
- Remove old strings,
- Clean & oil fingerboard,
- Polish frets
- Fit new strings
- Tune to pitch
- Truss rod adjustment
- Test & adjust nut height
- Set action
- Test & adjust pickup height
- Electronics tested & cleaned
- Tighten screws & clean hardware
- Body clean
- Custom spec card of the measurements of your setup
- Condition report
PICKUP INSTALLATION & MODIFICATIONS
We are masters of pickup installation & electronic modifications, and proudly stock the finest components available, being:
- Jacks by Switchcraft
- Potentiometers by CTS & Bourns
- Orange Drop capacitors by Sprague
- CRL & Oak Grigsby Blade Switches
- Switchcraft Toggle switches
- Pickups by DiMarzio, Seymour Duncan, EMG, Fishman, LR Baggs and K&K
Other Guitar Services
All other services offered are billed at $77 per hour in 30-minute increments.
Other services offered include:
- Fingerboard nut replacement (Graphtech or TUSQ)
- Acoustic Guitar Saddle Replacement (Graphtech or TUSQ)
- Pickup installation
- Electronic modifications
- Replacing output jack
- Strap button & strap lock installation
- Hardware supply & installation (tuners, bridges, etc)
- Blocking off floating bridges
Priority Job Rate
We understand that sometimes you need a quick turnaround, so if you need to jump the queue, we offer our priority job rate, which will see your job become next-on-bench.
Due to the nature of this, the work will be billed at double the normal rate
NO GO ZONE
Due to confined workshop space and equipment, at this time we are unable to offer the following services:
• Wood repairs (body cracks, headstock breaks etc) or routing
• Paint/lacquer/finish repairs
Due to WHS requirements, we reserve the right to refuse any items that may pose a health risk to staff members (e.g. blood on instruments)
We make killer cables.
Using only the finest connectors by Neutrik & Switchcraft, and premium cabling by Canare, Belden, Mogami & Eurocable, we can build any configuration you can dream up.
Any specialized pin-out requirements can be catered to, and must be made clear at the time of placing your order.
Termination is charged at $10 per connector, with a minimum charge of $20 (two connectors).
Large orders are billed in 30-minute blocks at $77 per hour inclusive of GST.
Pedal Board Builds
We offer custom pedal board layout, cabling and routing, and advanced problem solving.
BYO board, pedals, power & cabling OR let us spec & supply the best tools for the job.
All pedal board design spec & build work is billed in 30 minute blocks at $77 per hour inclusive of GST.
We stock a massive range of drums heads, wires & parts to get you out of a pickle, and can quickly identify & source aftermarket and official manufacturer parts to ensure you can maintain peak performance of your kit.
- Drum head fit & tune
- Snare wire install
- Spec, source & install replacement parts
- Recut bearing edges & snare bed
Electronic Repairs & Servicing
Whilst we do not offer in-store servicing of electronics, we do offer a free of charge booking and drop off location for Amptune.
- Vacuum tube installation and biasing
- Repair & servicing of amplifiers, effects, PA equipment and other novelties
- Vintage restoration and modification
- Test & tagging
- Insurance assessment
Please note: after booking is complete, all correspondence should be directed to:
Greg Burns 0418 302 713