Variable-D Dynamic Cardiod Vocal & Instrument Microphone
The RE320 is a professional quality dynamic microphone designed specifially for sound reinforcement and recording applications requiring extremely low noise and the highest level of predictable tonal and transient response.
Ideal for capturing a wide variety of instrument and vocal sources, the RE320 delivers unparalleled detail, dynamic content and natural tonal performance.
Variable D - Electro-Voice’s exclusive solution to the tonal changes associated with the proximity effect found in other directional microphones. Providing balanced and uniform frequency response up to 180° off-axis, the result is always stable and linear tonal performance even when the sound source is moving around the mic. Ideal for capturing the critical details of amplifie and acoustic instruments, as well as voice, Variable-D capsules deliver impeccably smooth and natural tone on virtually any sound source.
Utilizing the same hum-bucking coil technology found in the RE20 and RE27N/D to arrest electro-magnetic fiel interference introduced from sources close to the microphone, the RE320 produces an ultra-quiet signal path free from the hum and buzz found in other dynamic microphones.
The RE320 incorporates a two-position frequency response contour switch which allows engagement of two vastly dissimilar performance curves.
- Selecting the left-hand switch position engages a curve specifially designed for use on kick drums. With dips and peaks exactly where kick drums need a little EQ attention, the result is an incredibly tight “insta-kick” sound requiring little if any additional EQ when the microphone is properly positioned at the drum.
- Selecting the right-hand switch position engages a flatte, more linear curve designed to be ideal for other instruments (such as guitar amps, bass amps, low toms, percussion, brass and wind instruments etc.) as well as voice (music and speech) in many applications. The response is smooth, natural and articulate with a minimum of discolored off-axis bleed from surrounding sound sources.
- Weight Net: 681 g (1 lb, 8 oz)
- Audio Frequency Response: 30 Hz - 18,000 Hz (kick curve) 45 Hz - 18,000 Hz (general curve)
- Case Material: Steel
- Element: Dynamic
- Finish: Semi-Gloss Black
- Open Circuit Voltage: 2.5 mV/pascal
- Hum Pickup Level, typical (60 Hz/1 millioersted field): -130 dBm
- Impedance: 150 ohms balanced
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Polarity: Pin 2 will be positive referenced to Pin 3 with positive pressure on diaprhagm
- Accessories Included: 81715 stand clamp
- Optional Accessories: WSPL-2 Foam Wind Screen 309A Isolation Mount